Sunny day visit and some food for thought!


It was so sunny today when my mummies visited, that's why I'm squinting! We had great fun outside  though I spent most of the time eating, I really am quite greedy but I'm making the most of being spoilt right now.  Mummy told me I looked more settled than on her last visits so that's good as I try not to worry her and made a real effort to fit in with all the other dogs. When a couple of new comers arrived, we all barked in unison to let them know their place, I had never joined in like that before so mum guessed that meant I'm finding my feet.

I spoke last time about the titer results, they still aren't hear but mummy talked with the vet and he said any day now. An authority is also interested in these results but my mummy is a bit skeptical and said that even if I am positive, that doesn't excuse me being illegal and if they think the matter will be left at that, they best think again.
The vet also spoke with her about my possible heartworm and she has to make the decision whether to test for it which could result in a thing called a false negative or go straight to treatment on the assumption there is one. The problem is, the treatment can be fatal for some dogs and mummy doesn't like the odds on that. She is going to ask about ultra sound but we might have to wait for that as the worms could still be very young, it's a difficult decision for her. She is also worried about paying for everything as apparently a lot of people don't think I am helping and one woman even took her money back because my mummy wasn't happy with her friend for supporting Dejan in a Facebook group for many years, that made me sad as my mummy is being very strong and could be hiding like many other people because they have their dogs so don't care what's going on. There are also people who won't help because this could stop dogs like me being re-homed in the UK but that's not my fault, it's the people who are illegally bringing us into the country who are to blame and they are making lots of money. Mummy told me about the big houses some of them live in, the expensive cars they drive and how they are known as the dog mafia. Well I don't think these people sound very nice and I'm so proud of my mummy for standing up to them.
Mrs boss lady at my doggie jail, I really love her but then I love them all as they are so good to me and give me lots of cuddles when my mummies aren't here, she said that a UK shelter importing Romanian dogs was closed recently and that if everybody who rehomed a dog from them in the past year had rehomed a dog from a UK shelter, no dogs would have been killed in the UK. That shocked mummy and me, I didn't realise thousands of dogs a year are killed in UK "kill shelters" so why do people bring in thousands of dogs like me from other countries while dogs in their own countries are being killed. It scared me a bit that the dogs who have little chance of escaping death row are black male dogs! I'm a male  and I'm black, if my mummies gave up on me or didn't love me like they do, I could be one of those dogs on death row. Mummy left with a lot to think about after this visit but I don't worry as I know she will only ever do the best she can for me. Until next visit, let's hope the sun keeps shining for me to sunbath and I will leave you with a funny shot of me licking my lips after scoffing a whole bag of treats! xx


Comments

  1. Love from Bosnia! You are changing history of UK rescue and re - homing which is money making chain with strong and established connections in Balkan countries working together. Don't expect to be understood but hey... here I am :) you made my day. I have been waiting over the year for blog like this. I have bunch of proofs as well . let's fight for animal rights together.
    Respectfully, Emina Manovic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emina, thank you for your comment. You can contact me on barnaby.the.longdog@gmail.com xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment